Posts tagged confession
We should always forgive… Could you imagine if you and I were talking with someone about this subject and they said, “Well I do not believe you should forgive until they ask for forgiveness.” You would think, man, what is this dude’s big deal whether they ask or not we should still forgive. We can all agree that everyone should forgive, and even if the person that has wronged us does not say they are sorry or ask for forgiveness, we should still let go of unforgiveness and simply forgive…
So let’s take a pop quiz.
- [true/false] Unforgiveness is unhealthy
- [true/false] We should forgive
- [true/false] We should forgive even if they don’t ask for forgiveness
The answers are easy, true for every question. So let me ask you a harder one…
- Why would God want us to forgive if God will not forgive us until we ask?
If God forgives only when we ask then we should be like God [God is perfect and Holy], and we should only forgive when people ask for forgiveness, but this is not the case, His forgiveness is entirely based on the finished work of the cross.” God does not hold unforgiveness.
Does this mean everyone is saved and forgiven?
- No, forgiveness comes through believing. Anyone who believes, receives forgiveness of all their sins. If someone does not believe in Jesus they are not forgiven.
If you reading this and say, “well I do not believe you should forgive until they ask for forgiveness.” Then you are sounding like the same person we looked at in the beginning of this writing, and you are holding bitterness and unforgiveness because of a silly reason. Whether we deserve it or not God Has forgiven us, and whether they deserve it or not we should be like God and forgive because he has forgiven us.
Photo By: by Josh Chitwood/ creationswap.com